Spironolactone and Erectile dysfunction – from FDA reports
Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 – 12 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Erectile dysfunction with Spironolactone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,238 people who have side effects when taking Spironolactone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 19, 2017
45,238 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone.
Among them, 69 people (0.15%) have Erectile dysfunction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Spironolactone when people have Erectile dysfunction *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 – 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 – 12 months: 100 %
- 1 – 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 – 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 – 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Spironolactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.89 %
- 30-39: 3.77 %
- 40-49: 13.21 %
- 50-59: 26.42 %
- 60+: 54.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 14.49%)
- Multiple Myeloma (9 people, 13.04%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (8 people, 11.59%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (8 people, 11.59%)
- Depression (4 people, 5.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (22 people, 31.88%)
- Coreg (19 people, 27.54%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 24.64%)
- Digoxin (16 people, 23.19%)
- Amoxicillin (15 people, 21.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (21 people, 30.43%)
- Osteoarthritis (18 people, 26.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (18 people, 26.09%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (16 people, 23.19%)
- Pain (15 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study:print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile dysfunction when taking Spironolactone?
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 47,364 users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 51,161 Erectile dysfunction patients).
Browse all side effects of Spironolactone
Drugs that are associated with Erectile dysfunction
Could your condition cause Erectile dysfunction
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I’ve been taking Terazosin for at least 3 years or longer and my erectile dysfunction is getting worse. I’m taking Viagra and it was working for quite some time but now it’s not having much of an effect. Do either the Terazosin by itself cause erectile dysfunction or does the interaction of the …
- Does your sex life ever go back to normal after taking this drug or is it permanent it’s been 13 months and no change i also cant feel the intoxicating effects of alcohol does this change after a few years????
- had prostate removed about 8 yrs ago ” robotic surgery ” then a year ago had my ureter repaired ” had a hard time to pee” any way I was fine up until the ureter operation… now having a problem even when I take my little blue pill ?? theres info. on the zolpidem that it can cause ed… only …
- Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)
- Hi I’m 53 I’ve been using Modafinil for a few years , generally using at a high dose (misuse) . I have normally had solid libido . But over the past year its evaporated . I’ve supplemented with erectile medications but its still not satisfactory . I was looking for others experience to gauge …
You may be interested in these reviews
- Been on Digoxin a little over a year and ED has set in. What have others changed to and can you get things back to normal quickly?
- I was prescribed Flomax for years. I have experienced ED for years now following the use of that Rx. Are there non-medical remedies?
- I was prescribed Climax for years. I have experienced ED for years now following the use of that Rx. Are there non-medical remedies?
- I started experiencing severe joint and muscle pain soon after I started taking aldactone. Is this common?
- Hello what’s the best way to deal with this sac. And is there any operations that can help with it ? Why is it every time I get on antibiotics the pain in my back and hip gets better ? I’ve had this joint distinction now for 2 years it’s getting harder to sit for the pain in my hip. Any advice …
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.