•• Support Bone Metabolism
•• Support Body’s Natural Mechanisms to Relieve Back, and/or Bone
•• Support Bone Strength and Ability to Withstand Fracture
•• Support Dental Health
Bone Generator, a superior, comprehensive, standardized bone support formula is produced by proprietary
extraction from one of the world’s safest, most natural, premium sources of bone. This complex compound
contains microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, in an ideal 2:1 ratio of crystalline calcium and phosphorous
matrix; bioactive growth factors and type I collagen. Amino acids, glycosaminoglycans and a broad range
of essential trace elements are also present.
Whole bone extract is the only calcium supplement that provides all of the nutrients found in healthy bone. More
than 20 years of scientific research has given the name “Bone Generator” worldwide recognition. Numerous
published studies confirm the safety, tolerability and bone health-related efficacy of this supplemental
microcrystalline hydroxyapatite concentrate (MCHC).[1,2] Bioavailability of calcium from MCHC was shown to be
as good or better than bioavailability from Ca-gluconate.[3,4]
NutriMedical sources standardized, premium MCHC manufactured using a proprietary technique that preserves
the bioactive contents of bone from cattle raised in New Zealand, a country with extremely stringent standards.
Unlike other calcium supplements on the market, Bone Generator consists of collagenous and non-collagenous
proteins/peptides that contain insulin-like growth factors I and II (IGF-I, IGF-II), transforming growth factor beta
(TGF-beta) and osteocalcin factors that stimulate alkaline phosphatase activity in human bone cells. In a
study, the formula’s efficacy was significantly reduced by removal of the protein fraction, demonstrating its
In a recently published paper, progressive and statistically significant improvements in forearm bone mineral
density were seen with daily supplementation of 3,000 mg of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite in postmenopausal
women. Among a number of earlier studies that compared Bone Generator to other forms of calcium with
respect to bone density and osteoporotic pain, a 20-month, double-blind study examined trabecular bone loss in
40 osteoporotic females who received 1400 mgs daily of elemental calcium (equivalent to approximately 5000
mg MCHC) as either calcium carbonate or Bone Generator. At the end of treatment, loss was statistically less
in the Bone Generator group.
Two randomized clinical trials determined Bone Generator (6-8 grams per day) is well-tolerated and prevents
onset or progression of bone loss in patients treated with corticosteroids.[9,10] Supplementation was welltolerated
and yielded a positive therapeutic outcome in a six-month clinical trial in 20 pregnant women with
disturbed dental status and pain syndrome in long bones and lumbrosacral region, and in a second group of
postmenopausal women with pain due to osteoporosis.
In a randomized, controlled study the combination of Bone Generator and HRT increased vertebral bone mass
to a greater extent (4.7%, P<.01) than did HRT alone. In another study, (n=60) postmenopausal subjects on
Bone Generator did not show significant changes related to baseline on bone mass across the study.
Bone Generator is the highest quality MCHC from New Zealand. The World Organization for Animal Health (the
OIE) has classified New Zealand as a “negligible BSE risk country”, the most favorable official classification a
country can be given. Bone Generator is manufactured in a facility and under proprietary processes that meet
FDA, USDA and EU regulatory requirements. Gentle processing is used so as not to disturb the delicate protein
matrix and organic factors. X-ray-diffraction analysis confirms the microcrystalline structure. The MCHC is
assayed for hydroxyproline content. The collagen content is greater than 22% with most all of this as Type l, the
predominant collagen occurring in bone. Frequent heavy metal assays assure safety.
1. Pines A, Raafat H, Lynn AH, Whittington J. (‘Ossopan’) in the prevention of osteoporosis due to corticosteroid therapy. Curr Med Res Opin.
1984;8(10):734-42 [PMID: 6373153].
2. Stellon A, Davies A, Webb A, Williams R. Microcrystalline hydroxyapatite compound in prevention of bone loss in corticost roidtreated
patients with chronic active hepatitis. Postgrad Med J. 1985 Sep;61(719):791-6. [PMID: 997764]
3. Buclin T, Jacquet AF, Burckhardt P. [Intestinal absorption of calcium gluconate and ossein-mineral complex: an evaluation by conventional
analyses] Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1986 Dec 13;116(50):1780-3. [PMID: 3026039]
4. Epstein O, Kato Y, et al. Vitamin D, hydroxyapatite, and calcium gluconate in treatment of cortical bone thinning in postmenpausal women
with primary biliary cirrhosis. AJCN 1982;(36):426-430.
5. Stepan JJ et al. Quantitation of growth factors in ossein-mineral-compound. Life Sciences. 1991; 49(13):79-84
6. Annefeld et al. The influence of ossein-hydroxyapatite compound (‘Ossopan’) on the healing of a bone defect. Curr Med Res Opin
7. Fernandez-Pareja A. et al. Prevention of osteoporosis: four year follow-up cohort of postmenopausal women treated with an osseinhydroxyapatite
compound. Clin Drug Investig. 2007;27(4):227-32. [PMID: 17358094]
8. Ruegsegger P et al. Comparison of the treatment effects of ossein-hydroxyapatite compound and calcium carbonate in osteoporotic
females. Osteoporosis International 1995;5:30-34
9. Same as 1,2
10. Same as 1,2
11. Khadzhiev A, Rachev E, Katsarova M, Cherveniashki S. The results of a clinical trial of the preparation Ossopan Akush Ginekol (Sofiia).
1990;29(4):85-7. [Article in Bulgarian] [PMID: 2176437]
12. Castelo-Branco C, Martinez de Osaba MJ, et al. Ossein-hydroxyapatite compounds for preventing postmenopausal bone loss. Coadjuvant
use with hormone replacement therapy. J Reprod Med. 1999 Mar;44(3):241-6 [PMID: 10202741]
13. Castelo-Branco C, et al. Preventing postmenopausal bone loss
MCHC Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Bone Crystals from New Zealand is the only form that will reverse bone loss in postmenopausal women. For optimal bone health the addition of My Cell D3 and CollagenMax is a natural source and Orthosilic form of Silicon which makes more collagen, elastin, and joint hyaluronic acid. The Only Formula you need to rebuild bones!